- Customizable Settings: Configure settings like date features, coupon options, and more.
- Flexible Pricing: Choose from five pricing types when creating group gift card products.
- Email Templates: Select from multiple email templates, including a default option.
- Expiration Dates: Set expiration dates for gift cards to encourage timely redemption.
- Group Gifting: Enable group gifting, allowing multiple contributors to participate in a single gift.
- Order Management: Enable organizers to manage group gift cards and share contribution links via WhatsApp.
- Send Group Gifts Without Contribution: If there are no contributions, the group card will still be sent on schedule with the organizer’s initial payment.
2.Download & Install
Install the Gift Cards for WooCommerce Pro by WP Swings.
- Purchase the plugin and download it.
- Log in to your WooCommerce store’s admin panel.
- Navigate to “Plugins” > “Add New” in the WordPress dashboard.
- Click the “Upload Plugin” button and upload the plugin file.
- After uploading, click “Install Now” and then “Activate.“
3.Configure the Required Settings
To create a group gift card product, you must reach the underlined setting configurations:
- In the General tab, click on the Enable the gift card plugin setting.
- Click on the Enable Date Feature toggle to let customers send gift cards on their chosen date, which is an essential requirement for organizing group cards.
- Also, configure other settings like coupon length, prefix, tax, and more to align with your business needs.
Consult the plugin’s documentation for detailed setup instructions.
4.Creating Group Gift Cards Product
Navigate to Products > Add New in your WooCommerce dashboard. From the Product Data dropdown, select Gift Card, or modify an existing card from your product list.
Follow these steps to create your group gift card:
- You can choose any one of the five pricing types. Next up, set the gift card’s price.
- Pick a gift card email template (you can choose multiple templates for a single product).
- Choose a default template from the 21+ options. It will be displayed upon page load.
- Configure the use of gift card coupons for your products and categories by modifying the settings to include or exclude particular items & categories. Additionally, you can offer discounts on gift coupons.
- Set an expiration date.
- Click the “Group Product” option.
Note: Make sure to enable the Schedule Data feature, otherwise your group gifting card will not function.
- Configure the delivery options.
- Finally, update or publish your product to create a group gift card product on your WooCommerce store.
5.Purchase Process of Group Gifting Product
Customers can find your group gift cards listed on the shop page and the gift card page of your WooCommerce site.
Similar to a standard gift card product, customers can enter the recipient’s delivery date. email address, and add a personalized message.
The group gifting allows customers to organize the group card and enter multiple emails in the contributor field.
After the initial purchase, all contributors receive an email with a WooCommerce payment link, which will redirect them to the Group Gift Contribution product.
Contributors can enter their contribution amount and place orders.
If the contribution is successful, the recipient will receive the group gift with complete value.
Even if the contributors don’t pay, the recipients will get their group gift cards on the scheduled date containing the initial purchase value paid by the organizer.
6.Organizer (Customer) Group Order Management
Organizers can manage group gifting orders by navigating to the ‘My Account’ > ‘Gift Card’ > ‘Group Orders‘ tab. This tab contains a list of all group gift card orders placed by the organizers, along with the contributions received for these orders.
The order table shows the following details:
Order ID: Unique ID of the product listed on your store
Order Date: The order placement date
Total: The total amount of contributors and organizers.
Order Details: Contains details of the customer contribution orders
Share Link To Contributor: Option to copy and share contribution link over WhatsApp
To see the contribution value, date, and status for any group order, click on the order details link.
6.1.Send Group Gift Product Before Set Date
The organizer can choose to send the scheduled group gift card before the final date. They have to visit the Order tab in the My Account section and click on the view button.
Then, they can click on the Send Today button to deliver the group card on the current day.
7.Manage the Group Gifting and Contribution Orders
To notify contributors with payment links, you’ll need to manually change the order status of group gifts from “On Hold” to “Processing.”
- Go to the Orders section from the WooCommerce menu.
- Select a group gifting order
- Select the “Change Order Status To Processing“ option from the actions dropdown.
- Click Apply.
Also, the contribution orders are listed as sub-orders in the WooCommerce order section.
For further details and comprehensive guidance, refer to the plugin’s documentation to ensure a smooth implementation of group gift cards on your WooCommerce store.