- The merchant can provide the points to their customer at the signing in on your website, Referral Signup, Referral Purchase, Product Assign, Points on Order Total, and Per Currency Spend.
- Redeem those points on the Cart subtotal as well as use them to get the membership.
- Using the Membership feature you can allow your customers to get a discount on the products.
- Notify the user about their points by the Notification Mail.
- Shortcodes for displaying the notification anywhere on site.
- Points Log for Customer and Merchant.
- Points table for merchant to update the customers’ points with the remark.
- Customers can apply points on the cart as well as on the checkout page.
- Automatic Installation:
Automatic installation is the easiest option handled by WordPress. Follow these steps for automatic installation:
1) Go to the Admin panel navigate to the sidebar click on the ‘Plugins’ menu > ‘Add New’.
2) On the ‘Add Plugins’ page go to the search bar type ‘Points and Rewards for WooCommerce’.
Once you find ‘Points and Rewards for WooCommerce’ by WP Swings, you can view the details about it such as the points release, rating, and description. One can install it, simply by clicking “Install Now”.
- Manual Installation:
The manual installation of the plugin is another option to install the plugin in the seller’s WordPress-environment. The manual installation method involves downloading our ‘Points and Rewards for WooCommerce’ Extension and uploading it to the webserver via their favorite FTP application. The steps for manual installation are as follows:
1) Upload the ‘Points and Rewards for WooCommerce’ folder to the /WP-content/plugins/ directory.
2) Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
After the successful installation of the plugin, the admin can perform all the plugins’ settings one by one.
- After the successful installation of the plugin, first of all, enable the plugin.
- Go to admin panel click on the WooCommerce > Points and Rewards > General Setting.
- Enable the points and Rewards settings by clicking on the checkbox.
- Click on Save Changes.
Enable the Signup Points for the user. Through this setting when the user sign up on your site then they will get some signup points as the reward.
- Go to admin panel click on the WooCommerce > Points and Rewards > General Setting.
- Enable the Sign-up point settings and enter the signup points. A new user will get the signup points whenever they successfully signup on your site.
- And lastly, click on the “Save Changes” button.
the user can see their Points Log Table through these steps:
- Go to My Account Page.
- Click on the “Points” tab from the sidebar.
- And last click in View Points log link.
Enable the Referral Setting for the customers – Through this setting, customers will get loyalty points and rewards for WooCommerce on the referee (the user invited by the customer) purchase
- Go to admin panel click on the WooCommerce > Points and Rewards > General Setting.
- Enable the Referral Points settings and enter the Referral Points.
- Click on the “Save Changes” button.
After successfully enabling settings, customers can share the referral link with other users.
From the My Account Page, they can copy the referral link and share it to other users.
Enable this setting if you want to allow your customers to redeem their earned points and rewards over the Cart page and Checkout page to get the discount.
- Redemption Over Cart Sub-Total: Enable this setting if you want to allow your customers to redeem their earned points over the cart Sub-total.
- Conversion Rate: Enter the conversion rate of points redemption.
The customer can redeem their points based on the conversion rate set by the admin. For example, the worth of 10 points is equal to $1.
- Enable Apply Points during Checkout: Enable this setting if you want to allow your customers to redeem their earned points over the Checkout page.
Customers can apply their points over the cart subtotal.
Customers can apply their points over the checkout page.
Your customers can see their total points on “Points Log Table”.
3.6.Order Reward Points Settings
With the WooCommerce reward points system, the admin can select the maximum number of orders for the customers to earn a certain number of points.
For example, if the admin has set the maximum number of orders to 10 and the number of points to 5. Then, the customer will earn 5 points, after successfully ordering 10 times from the website.
- Enable Order Reward Settings: The admin can check this box if, he wants to enable the order reward points settings
- Enter Number of Orders: The admin can also set the maximum number of orders, that the customer would have to order to earn the reward points.
- Enter Order Reward Points: The admin can also set the number of rewards points, that he wants the customers to get after he successfully orders
- Enable to show reward message on the cart page: The admin can “enable” the setting to show the rewards notification on the cart page.
- Enter Order Rewards Message: The admin can use this setting to set a message. Use these shortcodes for providing an appropriate message for your customers on his no. of [ORDER] and get rewards points [POINTS].
3.7.Subscription Point Settings
With the compatibility feature of the loyalty points and rewards plugin, users get points on subscription products.
For example, if User A has bought a subscription product from your website for the first time, he/she will get points as per the reward system. But now with this compatibility, the user will also get points on renewal of the purchased product.
- Enable Renewal Subscription Point Settings: The admin can check this box if he wants to enable this setting to give points when a subscription is renewed.
- Enter Subscription Renewal Points: Here the admin can enter the number of points that he wants the user to be awarded on the renewal of the product.
- Enable to show messages on the Account Page: The user can enable this setting if he/she wants to show the customers a message stating the number of points they will earn.
- Enter Renewal Message: Now, enter the text message here. The entered message will be shown on the user Account Page. Please enter a message including [Points] in this shortcode.
4.Per Currency Points Settings
Through this loyalty points plugin setting, the customers will get the points based on the per currency points conversion whenever the customer spent some amount on the site then they will get some points as a reward.
- Enable Per Currency Points Conversion: Enable per currency conversion. This setting allows your customers to earn points based on the per-currency points conversion. For example, the customer can earn points for the purchase based on the per-currency points conversion.
- Per $ Points Conversion: Enter the points for currency conversion. According to the conversion rate, whenever the customer spends some defined dollar on the site then they will get some defined points as a reward.
Customers can see this notification on-site.
Customers can see their reward points from My Account > Points > Points Log Table page.
6.Enable Points Notification Settings
Through this setting, you can notify your users about their points and rewards through email. You can easily customize the subject and description of the email according to necessity.
you can notify your users through the notifications like Custom Point Notification,Signup Points Notification, Product Purchase Points Notification, Order Amount Points Notification, Referral Points Notification, Upgrade Membership Level Notification, Product Purchase Points Notification, Deduct Assigned Points Notification, Points On Cart Sub-total, Points On Order Total Range.
The WooCommerce reward plugin, allows your customers to get the membership level by the required points and keep the benefits on the selected categories or products fulfilled by that level.
You can create the level for the membership by the following steps:
- Enable Membership: Enable Membership setting.
- Exclude Sales Products: Exclude sale products from the membership benefits.
- Create Membership
- Enter Level: Enter the name of membership.
- Enter Points: Enter the number of points to get the membership.
- Expiration Period: Enter the expiration period of the membership.
- Select Product Category: Select product categories on which membership discount will be applied.
- Select Product: Select the products from the categories on which the membership discount will be applied.
- Enter Discount: Set the value that will be applied as the percentage discount amount on the memberships’ product and categories.
After successfully created the membership level, your customer can view the benefits of membership level by clicking on the “View Benefits” button.
Click on the link customer can view the benefits of the membership level.
By clicking on the “Upgrade Level” button, your customer can get the membership benefits easily.
Now you can see your upgraded membership.
- Membership Log: By clicking on the ‘Membership log link’ the admin can view the details of all members.
8.Assign Product Points by Global Setting
Through this setting, you can assign equal points and rewards for all products at once by the global setting. After that, your customers will get the same points for purchasing any product.
- Global Assign Product Points: Enable the setting.
- Enter Assign Global Product Points: Enter the points that you want to assign on all products.
Use shortcodes for displaying the notification anywhere on site. We have provided few shortcodes.
- [MYCURRENTPOINT]: This shortcode is used for displaying current Points of Users.
For example, If you want to show the customer’s current points on the shop page. simple Go to the “Shop page” paste the Shortcode of current points and click on the update button. The current points of the customer will display with the text.
Enter text for Current Points: Entered text will get displayed along with [MYCURRENTPOINT] shortcode.
- [MYCURRENTUSERLEVEL]: This shortcode use for displaying the current Membership Level of Users.
For example, If you want to show the current Membership Level for the customers on the shop page. simple Go to the “Shop page” paste the Shortcode of Membership Level and click on the update button. The current Membership Level of the customer will get displayed along with the text. Enter text for Current User Level: Entered text will get displayed along with [MYCURRENTUSERLEVEL] shortcode.
- SIGNUPNOTIFICATION]: This shortcode use for displaying signup notification anyplace on site.
For example, If you want to show the signup notification on the shop page. Go to the “Shop page” and paste the Shortcode of the sign-up notification the most important thing is that the signup point feature must be enabled from the “General Setting”
- [SHOW_POINTS_LOG]: Use this shortcode to display your “Points Log” on any page of your store.
For Example, If you want to show the points log on the shop page. Go to the “Shop page” paste the Shortcode of the points log and click on the update button. The points log of the customer will be displayed.
- [WPR_REFFERAL_LINK]: Use this shortcode for displaying the referral link anywhere on the site.
For Example, If you want to show the referral link on the shop page. Go to the “Shop page” paste the Shortcode of referral link and click on the update button. The referral link will be displayed.
Other Setting: Select a color for the notification bar.
Shortcode for Cart Page and Checkout Page:
[Wps_Cart_Page_Section]: This shortcode is used to enable the “Apply points” section on the cart page.
For example: If you want to allow the “apply points” section on the cart page. Simply enable the “enable to show the shortcode on cart page” settings.
[Wps_Checkout_Page_Section]: This shortcode is used to enable the “Apply points” section on the checkout page.
For example: If you want to allow the “apply points” section on the cart page. Simply enable the “enable to show the shortcode on checkout page” settings.
10.Enable the Settings for Orders Total Points
This setting allows your customers to get the points by fulfilling the order amount range.
The customer will get some points whenever their order amount varied between the maximum and minimum amount of the Order Range.
To enable the ‘Order Total Points’ setting first you have to click on the checkbox to enable the setting and then set the points within the order amount range and the last click on the ‘Save Changes’ button to save the settings.
The Points and Rewards for WooCommerce plugin is compatible with the WordPress Multilingual (WPML) plugin for localization of the Points and Rewards for WooCommerce plugin’s strings.
In order to translate the Points and Rewards plugin, you need to extract all the plugins’ strings. Follow these steps:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Themes Plugins Localization
- Navigate to the ‘Strings in the plugins’ section
- Select Points and Rewards for WooCommerce from the list of plugins
- On the bottom of the page, Click ‘ Scan selected plugins for strings
For translating the strings into a different language click on the number of strings present next to the plugin.
You’ll be redirected to a page where all the strings of the plugin are listed and you can translate each string from here.
On visiting this page you can manually select a string for translation by clicking on the “+” button next to each string in a row.
A popup will occur in which you can write the translation of the string.
Once you’ve written the translation it will be automatically saved and when the customer chooses a different language they’ll see the translated version of the string.
12.Wallet System Compatibility
Point and Reward WooCommerce plugin is compatible with the Wallet system for WooCommerce [Free] and Wallet System for WooCommerce Pro plugin. This compatibility allows you to convert your earned points into wallet credit based on a certain conversion rate. The admin can set points conversion into wallet credit he wants to allow. For example, 20 points equals 2 wallet credits. Customers can later use this wallet credit for purchase in the store.
13.Compatible with Currency Switcher for WooCommerce
The Points and Rewards for WooCommerce plugin is compatible with the Currency Switcher for WooCommerce plugin.
The WOOCS plugin allows you to change your website’s working currency.
To change the currency of the wallet system, Install and activate the Currency Switcher plugin. And follow the instructions:
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Currencies.
- Select any of the listed currencies.
- Click on the Save Changes button.
Afterward, all transactions will take place in the currency you choose.
15.Feedback and Suggestions
Don’t see a feature in Point and Rewards for WooCommerce plugin that you think would be useful?
We’d love to hear it: Reach out to our Support query and we’ll consider adding it in a future release.
"Points" tab is not displaying under My Account. Is there any reason?
The points tab will always get the display to the customer user role only not the admin. So please make sure you are logged in as a customer user role.
How can customers use the earn points?
For redeeming the points, We have provided the option to apply points on the cart/checkout page. Customers can apply the earn points and get a discount.
Can I set a different conversion rate for earning the points when customers spent money and a different conversion rate when customers redeem the points and get the discount?
Yes, both are different features and we have provided a separate setting for each feature. You earning points you can set the conversion rate under "Points and Rewards > Earn Points Per Currency Settings" For redemption the points you can set the conversion rate under "Points and Rewards > General > Redemption Settings" from here you can set the conversion rate.
How the customer will know for which events they will earn points?
We have provided "Ways to gain points" here you can enter the message that you want to display to your customer. The entered message will get display on the My Account > Points tab. Customers can see the message and how they can earn points.
Can I provide a point to the customers on spending points on the site?
Yes, we have this feature, you can allow your customers to earn points on the spending money.
Can I update any of the customer's points?
Yes, We have provided this feature to update the customer points manually under WooCommerce > Points and Rewards > Points Table. From here you can add or subtract any customer points.
Can admin see the customer's total points and their log?
Yes, admin can see the all customers points as well point log. On which event they have earned or redeemed points.
Can I create multi-level membership and provide a different discount on each level?
In our org version, you can create only one level membership only. But yes in the pro version you can create multiple levels of the membership and assign different discounts on each level.
Will, the membership level gets upgraded automatically if the customer has required points in their account?
No, the membership level will not get upgraded automatically. After earning the points customer need to update their membership level manually by redeeming some points and get the advantages of that level.
How can I display customer's total points on other pages and menus?
We have provided a shortcode [MYCURRENTPOINT]. You can use this shortcode on your site to display customer's total points.
3.3.Social Sharing Setting
Enable this setting to allow their customers to share the referral link with other users through social media channels.
After successfully enabling the setting, your customers can share referral links to other users with social media platforms.