Features of WooCommerce Gift Card plugin:(1) Gift Card Products: This plugin creates a separate gift card type product in WooCommerce and the merchant can create the multiple numbers of gift cards on the basis of occasion for the anniversary, birthday, or any festivity.
(2) Price Variation: There are many types of the pricing system for Gift Card product as given below :
- Fixed Price
- Selected Price
- Range Price
- User Price
- Variable Price
(3) Recharge/Redeem Gift Cards: Our gift cards plugin has a gifting portal that enables you to redeem/recharge all types of gift card coupons.
(4) Minimum User Price Limit: You can set a minimum limit on user price for gift cards.
(5) Gift Card Prefix: You can enter the name of the brand in front of the gift card coupon code. Or add any other prefix of your choice.
(6) Gift Card Length: You can set the length of the gift card coupon.
(7) Gift Card Expiration: The recipient has to purchase the product before the expiry date so that they can enjoy the best of the services within the noted time.
(8) Minimum & Maximum Spend of Gift Card: You can fix the minimum and maximum limit of the coupon amount. The user can utilize the coupon amount only within this limit.
(9) Usage of Gift Card: You can decide how many times users can use a gift card coupon.
(10) Excludes Products: You can also exclude a selected product from the gift card coupon. When any excluded product is available on the cart, then the gift card discount is not applied.
(11) Edit Gift Card template: The templates are located in the Gift Cards section. You can edit the existing gift card templates and provide your custom layout to the customers. You can use the available shortcodes to remove or add any information.
1) Automatic Installation:
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t need to leave your web browser.
Steps are as follows :
1. Download the zip folder of the plugin Ultimate Gift Cards for WooCommerce.
2. Once downloaded install plugin through browsing and activate it.
2) Manual Installation:
The manual installation of the plugin is another alternative to install the plugin to your WordPress-environment. The manual installation method involves downloading our Ultimate Gift Cards for WooCommerce Extension and uploading it to your webserver via your favorite FTP application.
Steps are as follows :
1. Upload the Ultimate Gift Cards for WooCommerce folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
3.Create Gift Card Product
After activation of the plugin a separate gift card type product is created in WooCommerce and merchants can create as many products as they want.
To create a new product in WooCommerce you can navigate to the sidebar and click on the Products > Add New. To create new product follow these steps as shown below-
- Select Gift Card as product type
2. Setup the product name and description for the gift card. Also, feed in the other required information to complete the setup.
3. Select the pricing variants you want to make available to your customer.
- Default Pricing – this setting defines the Gift Card Price by default and is not customizable by the customer.
- Price Range – This setting allows the customer to feed in the amount within the provided price range.
- Selected Price – This setting helps your customer to select the price from the provided list of options.
- User Price: This pricing option enables your customer to enter the price/amount of their choice for purchasing gift cards.
Through this setting, you can enable plugin along with other features.
- Enable: Check this checkbox to enable the plugin.
- Enable Tax: Check this checkbox to enable the tax on Gift Card products.
- Enable Listing Shop Page: Check this box to allow the listing of Gift Card products on the shop page.
- Individual Use: Enable this setting if the Gift Card coupon cannot be used in conjunction with other Coupons/Gift Cards.
- Free Shipping: Check this box if you want to enable the free shipping for the Gift Card products.
- Gift card Coupon Length: Enter Gift Card coupon length. The minimum length of the coupon is 5.
- Gift card Prefix: Here enter the Gift Card prefix for coupon code.
- Gift card Expiry After Days: Enter a valid number after that a purchased Gift Card will expire. keep value 0 for no expiry date and value 1 for one-day expiry when the order is completed.
- Minimum Spend: This setting allows you to set the minimum spend of a Gift Card.
- Maximum Spend: This setting allows you to set the maximum spend of a Gift Card.
- Gift card Number of Time Usage: How many times a Gift Card can be used before Gift card going to empty.
In the Product Settings, you can exclude the product categories for the Gift Cards.
- Exclude Sale Items:
Click on this checkbox to make the Gift Card Coupons not apply to the sales items.
- Excludes Products:
You can also exclude a selected product from the Gift Card discount. If any excluded product is in the cart, then the gift card discount is not applicable.
- Exclude Product Category:
You can exclude product categories in which you don’t want the gift card coupons to apply. If any product of the excluded category is in the cart, the gift card discount will not apply.
6.Email Template Setting
An email is sent to the user to notifying about their Gift Card, Gift Card Coupon, etc. You can manage their email templates with the giving settings and shortcodes.
- Upload Default Logo – This setting enables you to upload the gift card logo image.
- Logo Height – You can customize the height of the Logo image.
- Logo Width – You also customize the width of the Logo image.
- Email Default Event Image – This setting provides an upload option to set the image for the email event.
- Gift Card Message Length – You can set the character limit of the gift card message.
- Disclaimer Text – This setting enables you to enter the disclaimer text for the gift cards.
Through the Delivery Settings tab, you can select the delivery method of the gift card that you want to provide your customer.
- Email To Recipient– You can enable this delivery method to let your customers email the purchased digital gift cards to any mail addresses they want. The recipient will receive the gift card via email.
- Downloadable- If you enable this feature, your customers can download the digital gift card in PDF format and send it to their loved ones.
- Disable Apply Coupon Fields– After Enabling this setting Customer can’t apply the coupons while purchasing the gift cards.
- Disable Preview Button– This setting disables the customer from seeing the PREVIEW of the template on the Gift Card product page.
Edit Gift card template- Now you can also edit the Gift card existing template and provide your own layout to the customers. For editing the template, Please visit “Gift Cards” section under the WP menu. Here you can select the template and edit the template.
We have also provided some shortcodes there. If you want to remove or add any information you can manage that by available shortcodes.
9.Scan/Fetch and Redeem/Recharge Giftcard Setting
This WooCommerce gift cards plugin will help you to grow your revenue, by offering easy redeeming/recharging of gift card vouchers for your offline businesses.
To use the Giftcard Redeem Link on the web store, follow these steps.
Step 1: First click on the “Get Me My FREE Redeem Link“.
Step 2: Now a popup window will be displayed on your dashboard. Enter your Email Id and Name and then click on the ‘Generate Link’ button.
Step 3: After clicking on the Generate Link, your Gift Card Redeem Link and Embedded link will be shown on your panel with walkthrough steps and the login details will be sent to the given email id.
Step 4: Now Copy the Giftcard Redeem link or Embedded code to log in to your web store of gifting.wpswings.com by using the credentials given in the received email. To use the embedded code, first, you have to create a Page and then paste the embedded code on it.
Step 5: After successful login with the dashboard, you will get the shop page of the web-store. Here you can see all transactions of Giftcard vouchers.
Step 6: Now go to the “DASHBOARD“, here you can start Scan/Fetch and Redeem/Recharge the giftcard coupon. You can scan or enter the coupon code to fetch the detail of the Giftcard and you can also redeem/recharge the Giftcard coupon easily.
The dashboard distributed into 3 sections.
- Scan: Click on the scan button you can scan the Gift Card Coupon details.
- Gift Card Details: Enter the Gift Card Coupon Code to fetch the Gift Card details. After entering the coupon code, you can view all the details of the gift card coupon like amount, expiry date, usage limits of the Gift Card Coupon, etc.
- Redeem: Here you can enter the number of amounts to Redeem the value from the Gift Card Coupon and Add the value to the Gift Card Coupon.
To use the redeem link on this POS system, follow the steps below
- Copy the embed link and paste it on any page at POS.
- Login using the credentials given in the received email.
- Start Scan/Fetch and Redeem/Recharge.
Once your Gift Card’s redeem/recharge feature is setup is done, you’re all ready to redeem/recharge gift certificates.
9.1.Add Multiple Employees
With this feature of redeeming gift cards process, the merchant can now add multiple employees to the record. Hence, now each registered employee can redeem and track reports of the gift card coupon codes they redeem. Furthermore, the merchant can also see the reports of each employee.
9.2.Add Multiple Stores
With the help of this gifting redemption feature, the merchant now has the opportunity to list multiple stores with their details like the Name of the store, Owner, Location, etc. The customers can then redeem gift cards by visiting any of the registered stores. Moreover, the merchant can also track and monitor the performance of each store in terms of How many gift cards are sold and when, the Number of gift cards redeemed and by whom, etc.
9.3.Gift Card Reportings
The gift card reporting feature now facilitates the merchant with every gift card transaction data like:
- Number of gift cards sold
- Number of gift cards redeemed
- Number of gift cards recharge
- Which store has the max/min sell count of the gift cards, etc?
The gift card reports also include the data about the buyer and recipients of the gift cards like email, contact number, name, etc.
10. Compatibility with Return Refund & Exchange For WooCommerce
With this compatibility, the customers are able to file refunds and exchange requests for the gift card products they purchase.
But customers must fulfill these two conditions:
- a) The expiration period of the gift card shouldn’t be achieved
- b) Its usability should be equal to zero.
11.Compatibility with "Price Based on Country for WooCommerce" plugin
From now, this plugin provides the compatibility with Price Based on Country for WooCommerce plugin. Through this, your customers bought a gift card in their own currency, it will get converted in your base currency according to the country of the customers.
13.Feedback and Suggestions
Don’t see a feature in the Gift Cards for WooCommerce Pro plugin that you think would be useful?
We’d love to hear it: Reach out to our Support query and we’ll consider adding it in a future release.
To edit the Gift card template from the “Gift Card” menu where all the templates are listed. Click on “Edit” to edit a particular template. Now the editing page of the template will open. You can make the changes and update the template.
Can a customer redeem the gift card total amount in different transactions? Like a $100 coupon is used for a $60 transaction and then the remaining $40 in the next order.
Yes, we have this feature in our plugin. To let customers do this, you need to increase the usage of the gift card. Go to your WordPress Dashboard and navigate to Gift Cards > General Settings. Under the General Settings, you’ll find Gift Card No. of time usage. Increase the usage to the number of times you want your customers to redeem a gift card amount
Yes. In the General Settings of the plugin, you can set the number of days after which the gift card will expire.
You can easily exclude the product and product categories on which you don't want to apply the gift card coupons. Just go to the Gift Card > Settings > Product tab. Here you can select the product and product categories on which you don't want to apply the gift coupons. You also get an option to exclude Sale Items in this tab.
If you want your customers to enter the price of their own choice, you can select the "User Price" option from the Pricing Type dropdown in the gift card product edit page while creating your Gift Card product. This will let your customers enter the gift card price of their own choice.
We have inherited WooCommerce features for creating Gift coupons. So your customer can use Gift coupons the same as the WooCommerce coupons. They can apply the coupons on the cart/checkout page to get the discount.
Yes, We have provided this feature under the "Other Setting" tab of the plugin. After enabling this setting, the "Apply Coupon" field will not get displayed on the cart/checkout page if only the gift card product is in the cart.
To add the disclaimer in your Gift Card email templates, go to Gift Card > Settings > Email Template > Disclaimer Text. Add the disclaimer text here and Save Changes when done. The added text will be displayed on all the gift card product templates.
Yes, the admin can set the minimum price for the user price type. For this, please go to the Product edit page, Choose User Price type, and Set Minimum Limit.